(Full) disk encryption under Linux
- Date: Fri, October 23 16:00 (ct)@Metalab library
- Description: Short explanation of disc encryption in general. Then encrypting disks (or parts of it). (:
- Language: German or english
- Lecturer: ra, you?
- Duration: ~2-4h (it highly depends on the amount of data you want to encrypt)
- Participants: amir, Phantasus, cygenb0ck, nomike, oib , you?
Bring the laptop/PC you want to encrypt and an external harddisk if you are low on local disk space. Make sure you are able to boot from CD/DVD (If this is a problem I will provide a PXE boot environment). I will also bring some bootable CD-Rs (with grml and gparted).
Make a backup of your data before encrypting!