aus Metalab, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
This section explores different possibilities of parameters and their outcome. This is a good place to get you an idea on how to fine tune your parameters.
- The material
- different parameters 1
- different parameters 2
- different parameters 3
- engraving a soap ended in the soap swelling, or so I’ve heard.
- Got a 1,5mm raw dark-brown leather, cutting goes incredibly well, but on one side it goes better then on the other. Speed: 45 or 40, Power: 100, Freq.: 2500
- Engraving is not soo good, you can see the engraved parts, but only on 100/100, and then its not even black or something... May this depends on your leather
- Thin felt (knorrprandel Bogen 1mm)
- Speed 100%
- Power 10%
- Pulse frequency 2500Hz
- Less thin felt (de: Filz), about 3mm
- Cutting: Speed 90%, Power 20%
- Engraving: more experiments to be done, but note: large black areas will melt the material deeply, thin lines will result in very betauful printing on the material (I used red felt, engraving on dark/brown/black felt might not make much sense)
- making a example raster / vector file for experimental cuts
- using color mapping for different speed/power/frequency in one job..