Code of Conduct/en
aus Metalab Wiki, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.Zur Navigation springenZur Suche springen
Code of Conduct
Metalab is an inclusive community where everyone is welcome regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, income or religion – to discuss and learn more about technology in an environment of mutual respect, tolerance and encouragement. We want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Therefore, all participants are expected to be nice and respectful towards each other.
All members enjoy equal rights and may use Metalab to create new things, as long as they don't restrain others. The following Code of Conduct records what is expected by everyone present at the Metalab premises as well as at other meetings held by the Metalab organisation.
- Be excellent to each other!
- Metalab has an awareness team called Anlaufstelle, which you can turn to in any situation. It deals with all incidents in a serious and confidential manner and shows solidarity with the affected people.
- Recordings in any form at the Metalab are only allowed with the consent of all captured individuals.
- Harassment includes offensive or unwanted comments about (for example) gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity or religion, deliberate intimidation, stalking, sustained disruption of talks and inappropriate physical contact. If you are uncertain if your behaviour is appropriate, please ask and ensure, that everyone agrees to it. Only "yes" means "yes"!
- Participants who are asked to stop their inappropriate behaviour or their harassment are expected to do so immediately. If you observe a participant displaying improper behaviour, it is expected that if possible you intervene immediately, for example by interrupting the actions, hinting at the Code of Conduct, giving assistance to affected people or by informing the Anlaufstelle.
- Think about what you say. Remember that exclusionary comments (e.g. sexism, racism, ableism, hostility towards queer people,…) – including jokes – can be offensive to those around you. They are not suitable for Metalab.
- Even actions, that are not recognised as problematic in your social group, can be irritating to others. If this is pointed out, we expect that you show responsibility and consideration.
- In pressing situations all members can expel others for up to 48h. The Vorstand (via core[ÄT]metalab.at) as well as the Anlaufstelle have to be informed about this. The Vorstand can decide within these 48h about further measures. Possible measures include warnings, deactivation of keys as well as temporary or indefinite bans.
- You can appeal against a ban at the Jour-Fixe. An existing ban is valid until it is removed by the Jour-Fixe. Before turning to this option, please try to solve the problem first with the Anlaufstelle and Vorstand; in which case the Jour-Fixe needn't be concerned.
- Metalab is aware of its responsibilities to run a hackerspace which is as open and inclusive as possible and aims at forming a reflected and enlightened community. If an incident occurs, Metalab will do its best to assess and reappraise the situation and to make sure this does not reoccur in the future.
- You are important for maintaining Metalab, therefore please follow our Policies