aus Metalab, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
CISSP Meeting #00 - The "Zero Day"
Security by Candlelight
Can I get there by Candlelight?
How many miles to Babylon?
Three score and ten.
Can I get there by candlelight?
Aye, and back again.
If your feet are nimble and light
You'll get there by candlelight.
-- Nursery Rhyme
Security sometimes seems like a hard and long journey
But properly equipped it will be just like snapping with your fingers. I'm afraid we will not have a "Babylon Candle" to get us there but at least it will be much more fun to travel in a group and talk about the things and wonders we see along the road.
A Meeting Place for Security Enthusiasts at the Metalab in Vienna
- Open for everyone, no special skills required. Just be curious, playful and interested.
- Bring your own Ideas, not your own beer - we have plenty of beer/Club Mate in the fridge. We want your input and active participation (not to say your soul) - don't be shy :)
- Security by Candlelight is not a workshop or a lecture type of event (although it appears to be sometimes) but a discussion and exchange about different aspects of security.
- We want to cover hacking and defending systems, we want to talk about physical, network and application security. We want to discuss about social hacking and security awareness, we want to do things and try some cool hacks on our own.
- Our goal is to meet two times a month at the Metalab Library in a relaxed setting with changing hosts and topics, with presentations, workshops or discussion rounds.
Location: The "library" at the Metalab in Vienna: Map
SbC Mailing List Subscribe here
Meeting #00 - The introduction
Our first meeting has the following goals:
- Get to know each other
- Establish communication channels
- I can haz a CISSP mailing list?
- How to contribute to the CISSP Portal
- Define our goals/pace/possibilities
- Present an introduction to the material, background of informations security and the CISSP program
Please download the material at http://opensecuritytraining.info/CISSP-Main.html