aus Metalab, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
Version vom 19. November 2013, 13:44 Uhr von Pepi
Fixing, Securing and updating Metalab Services
List of Services
- Website: http(80)/https(443) metalab.at (www.metalab.at)
- Website: http(80)/https(443) lists.metalab.at
- XMPP/Jabber: xmpp(5222, 5223, 5269, 7777) jabber.metalab.at (also hosts jabber.hackerspaces.org)
- Incoming Email: SMTP(25) mail.metalab.at (MX 10)
- Outgoing Email: SMTP(25)
- ANY POP(110, 995) or IMAP(143, 993) Services?
- Any Submission Services? (587)
- MediaWiki Wiki
- Trac Tracker
Anything missing? Please add it!
Things that need to be done
- Document all changes, updates, etc.
- Update Apache to 2.2.26 (current as of 2013-11-19) or switch to nginx
- Update to eJabberd 13.10 (current as of 2013-11-19) or switch to prosody
- Check ALL the Certificates for ALL the services. Acquire certificates for services that do not yet have one. (Basically do not host any unencrypted services anymore)
- Provide forward secrecy for all services by using modern ciphers (EDH)
- Discuss the use of ECC as the only widely implemented curves are known and deliberately weakened curves specified by NIST. (secp256r1, secp385r1). Pepi recommends not to use ECC if possible but provide (p)fs by using EDH.
- Update Mediawiki to the current release
- Update Trac to the current release
- Check validity of ALL certificates and set up reminders to renew them. Find at least two persons who are volunteering to take care of that as well!
- Get certificates for services that lack encryption
- Add SRV Records to DNS for Jabber/XMPP Server federation and Clients discovery
- Add SPF/TXT Records to DNS for Email
- Do TLSA records make any sense without DNSSec?