The owner of http://Arc-Computer.de sent us five Freepads for free!
Before using the Freepads the first time, please make sure the battery is connected to Freepad Motherboard (otherwise, you'll only be able to use it while being connected to the power adapter). To connect the battery you'll need to turn it upside down, unscrew the top three screws and connect the battery to the mainboard.
- x86 compatible "Geode"-Microcontroller (National Semiconductor, 166 MHz)
- 16 MByte FlashROM / 32 MByte Maincache
- Smartcard Reader
- Audio-In, Audio-Out
- Microphone, Stereospeakers
- Touchscreen (800x600 resolution?)
- NanoX as Display System
- Opera as Browser
Root Access (local)
Root-Access on a Out-Of-The-Box Freepad:
- connect USB-Keyboard
- turn the device on
- wait until the webbrowser has loaded
- CTRL-ALT-F2 will bring up the shell - you are root!