- is the wall between our mainroom and the library
- in this wall are 9x5=45 glassbricks installed
- next to every glassbrick there is one RGB-led with a pretty neat chip attached
- these presoldered boards are called Shiftbrite
- they are currently controlled from an arduino this may change soon for something with more computational power :)
Sample effect - https://whatever.metalab.at/user/meta/blinkenwall/WallSample
We just connected the Arduino to a fonera 2200 over serial.
Now its possible to stream data for display to the blinkenwall using your favourite webbrowser.
url soon to be added here..
- one can somly connect RX/TX from fonera to arduino
- no stty in default openwrt busybox build
- openwrt building is an fairly easy task
- replacing the busybox binary on a live system during operation is insane and possible! :)
- Metaz - arduino library software for shiftbrites
- Wizard23 - help with electronics, basic software setup
- Overflo - electronics, soldering
- .. lots of guys playing around