Biohacking: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
|Zeile 53:||Zeile 53:|
Version vom 17. August 2011, 15:31 Uhr
According to Wikipedia "[biohacker is] a term used to describe a hobbyist who experiments with DNA and other aspects of genetics. A biohacker (or "wetware hacker") is similar to a computer hacker who creates and modifies computer software or computer hardware as a hobby". - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biohacker#Biohacker
DIYbio is awesome. Hackerspaces are awesome. From that follows that DIYbio in a hackerspace is double awesome.
On a more serious note, one really cool thing about this is that many people in the lab can get involved on different levels. The 3d printer and laser cutter aficionados can help in building equipment, programmers can get involved in the dryware hacking and other may like the actual lab work, making this a real "meta" effort.
- Wikipedia page on "Biohacker"
- Wikiepdia page on "DIYbio"
- DIYbio mailing lists etc.
- Open Wetare Wiki
- Garage Bio Podcast
- Pearl Biotech Open Gel Box
- Registry of Standard Biological Parts
- The BioBricks Foundation
- International Genetically Engineered Machine competition
Bio labs in Hackerspaces
- Find a space in the Metalab.
- Finance the initial lab.
- Deal with the authorities to convince them we are not bio-terrorists.