The Bandsaws are owned by Joe and where in the lab since 2014-05-01_Jour_Fixe but was removed in Feb 2016.
A bandsaw can be used to cut wood, metalls and plastics not only in straight lines, but also curved lines.
- Bergin / Clarke CBS 355: 1780mm +-3mm x 6mm, 6 TPI
- NOT in working condition
How to Operate
- Check if band is correctly tightned (Do it with caution, because the band is very sharp and can easily injure you!)
- See Repair Guide otherwise...
- Check if the band is OK
- See Repair Guide otherwise..
- Adjust the upper band holder to the correct hight (It should be right about your workpiece)
- Switch it on
- Do not use the bedstop (Seitenanschlag), because the cut off piece can easily lock up there and press the band aside
- A Bandsaw is a free-hand tool, mark you cut path and cut there instead of measuring on the machine
- The band swings in every direction a few parts of a mm. Consider that while you are sawing!
How to Repair
There is a good guide how to correctly setup a bandsaw here: Bandsäge einstellen (German)