Umbrella is the ceiling lighting of the main room. It consist out of 12 umbrellas capable of emitting light in either 16581375 RGB shades or 65025 white shades.
The umbrellas are controllable with art-net.
How to simply turn on/off the light
Use the light switch next to the kitchen. You can dim the light with the rotary knob on the side.
If it does not work just power cycle it. Wait a couple of seconds.
Out of good reasons, we upgraded the light switch to a much more powerful version.
This new version is documented at Interruttore.
Wlan SSID: metalights
There are 60 channel, 5 channels (RGBWW) per umbrella.
The Metalab needed some new lights.
ART-net is awesome.
Raspberry Pi 3 + Touchscreen
Distro based on the QLC+ image (raspbian jessie)
QLC+ XServer less build that renders directly in GL buffers for performance
H801 based clients (ESP8266)
Arduino based firmware that implements ART-net
Temporary setup with QLC+
Connect to "metalights" WLAN
Set OUTPUT to 10.20.255.255
Set ARTnet universe to 3
There are 5 channels / Umbrella
If CW or WW are anything else but "0" then R,G and B are disabled by firmware.
If R,G or B are anything but "0" then CW and WW are disabled by firmware.
This is to save our power supplies from sudden heat death.
(105 watt / Umbrella max)
H801 LED controller features:
- 8 Mbit Storage (1 Mb)
- 5 channels each 45 watt max (~ 3.5 Ampere @ 12 V / channel)
How to flash
- Install Arduino IDE
- Install ESP 8266 extensions
- Choose generic ESP8266 Board under Tools->Board
- Settings for ESP8266:
- GENERIC ESP8266 Module
- Flash Mode: DIO
- Flash Size: 1M (512K SPIFFS)
- Debug Port: Disabled
- Debug Level: none
- Reset Mode: ck
- Flash Frequency: 40 MHz
- CPU Frequency: 80 MHz
- Upload Speed: 115200 or more
- U need a USB-to-UART-board (set to 3.3V)
- Connect GND to GND; RX to TX(!) and TX to RX(!); DO NOT CONNECT 3.3V!
- Set JUMPER on board to boot into flash mode. (Important! Has to be set before power is connected, so board gets into flashing mode.)
- Supply power via VCC & GND (12V should be adequate)
The code to flash can be found in the github repo. If you want to flash exactly this code (and what else would you flash in the main room), you will need these libraries:
- ArtnetWifi (Has to be installed via git clone to ~/Arduino/libraries)
- ArduinoJson (Version 5.13.3)
Originally invented and built by overflo, the umbrellas were built by a lot of people in some night shifts at Metalab
LOTS OF SUPPORT BY uniq, anlumo, ripper, bogdan <your name here>
Neue Fixture: Datei:Hauptraum setup.qxw.txt (das muss nach ~/.qlcplus/fixtures/hauptraum-setup.qxf)
Fixture: Datei:Metalab-Umbrella.txt (das muss nach ~/.qlcplus/fixtures/Metalab-Umbrella.qxf)
Demo Desk: Datei:Test.txt