The Hackers Guide To The Metalab
This page is a draft.
A long (maybe even up to 8 hours) workshop about the Metalab and what you can do there. The workshop will start with a presentation. After that there will be a tour that consists of checkpoints for specific pieces of equipment (e.g: laser cutter, 3D printer...). At each checkpoint a hacker will explain what can be done with the equipment and show it in action with a small example. I'd like to have a fixed time table for when a piece of equipment will be explained so people can choose to only attend checkpoints they are specifically interested in. In essence I'd like the workshop to make people understand what hacking is and how they can do it themselves at the Metalab.
- What is considered hacking at the Metalab
- Short history of the Metalab
- Overview of past and present activities in the Metalab
- Overview of the equipment at the Metalab
- Examples of hacks based on that equipment