Soap Bubbling: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
|Zeile 64:||Zeile 64:|
== Sauce ==
== Sauce ==
Version vom 8. Januar 2012, 09:49 Uhr
IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.
I recently discovered the secret of making huge bubbles and I decided to deploy some stuffs at the Chemielab/Fotolab, so you can brew some yourself. If you like it, you can donate a small amount of moneys at the provided cashbox. the first batch of ingredients lasts for about 10 liters, so dont be greedy, just make 1 liter to try it out, it should provide enough fun for one session. Any questions: ask me
Inside a (labeled) cigarette box inside the closet on the far right in the top tray. The sticks for the wand are on top of the shelves. everything (except the cord) is labeled accordingly
- Citrus Acid (~150g)
- Natron (~30g)
- Natrosol HX (~25g)
- Fairy Oxyd (~500ml)
- prepared Pipe Cord (Cotton)
- 2 plastic tube sticks
- bubble donationbox
you can find (at the time of writing) a suitable scale in the middle closet in the bottom tray. its inside a leather cover.
DON'T GET THE REST OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS WET!
- 1000ml water (distilled is better, but not necessary):
- 1g Citrus Acid
- 2g Natron
- 2.5g Natrosol HX
- 64 ml Fairy Oxyd
- (7g Glycerin, not really needed, still, nice to have)
- Heat the water until small bubbles pop up
- Pour the heated water in a suitable plastic beaker.
- Add Natron. Stir until resolved.
- Add Natrosol HX carefully! It tends to stick together in small clumps if too much is poured in at once, so pour small amounts and stir until resolved. Repeat.
- Add Fairy Oxyd (& Glycerin) carefully! Avoid creating bubbles while stiring. Stir until resolved.
- Add Citrus Acid carefully! Stir until resolved.
- Stir until your hand falls off.
- (Let it cool down and sit for 24 hours inside a open container)
- Clean up and put everything back in its place!
everything in () is optional.
- Get yourself a small bucket or a beaker with a big enough diameter. Poor in the liquid.
- Weather: High Humidity is nice. Parks or places near wells, rivers or lakes. Avoid being next to heavily traveled streets. Mild Wind is recommended.
- Don't stir! Bubbles are bad, try getting rid of em now and then, they hinder making good bubbles.
- Don't get the cord dirty! Any kind of dirt inside the liquid is not healthy for big bubbles.
- When you are finished, clean up and put everything back in its place.
- Hands! be creative, experiment and discover the possibilities. (Don't use it like soap: no rubbing, cause that produces bubbles)
- Wand: you need the already prepared Piped Cord and 2 sticks (on top of the shelves). assemble the pieces as you see fit, its easy (hint: wrap the 2 loose rubberbands around each stick). with tips of the wand touching, dip the cord into the container and pull it out again. Open the wand so the cord forms a circle. If you are satisfied with the created bubble, close the circle again with touching the tips of the wand. In case of no wind: take a few steps back and "capture some air". In case of strong wind: make some steps forward and/or open your circle only partial.
- ProTip You can do bubbles inside bubbles. Experiment!