| Tessellated writes: "Scanner photography flashes(pun intended :) me since years. By building a photocamera with an old flatbed scanner and a photographic lens you may gain truly awesome pictures!!! For example I've seen the result where someone exposed such a beast to a band performing on stage, visualizing the vibes of the bass line.
Now that I have the ideal environment for tinkering at the Metalab I'd like to build one by myself and would very much welcome others to join me for this project.
The idea isn't new, one can quickly get the simple designs running. Almost immediate fun – and with the experience of the lab crowd the project may even advance technologically with more sophisticated hard- and software."
first half of January 2011
"time is fleeting; madness takes it's toll"
Tue, Feb 8 2011
Tuesday, February 8th, 19:00, Metalab - first meeting ('neihacken)
- MAKE weekend project: Turn a Flatbed Scanner Into a Giant Camera
- How To Make a Scanner Camera
let's participate: Pinhole Day
- A pinhole. We've got an endless supply already!
- TomK32 has got some lenses from the 80ies
- Andreas F. is ready to donate one scanner by the end of January! Multiple thanks in advance :)
- Peter brought a "CanoScan LiDE 50" to dabble with! (which unfortunatetly seems to be broken for the time being, needs to be tested with another OS than Ubuntu 10.10, perhaps an Apple or a Windows box)
- Does anybody else have an unused flatbed scanner sitting around and is willing to donate for a good cause? (SANE-supported devices preferred, Supported Devices)
- maybe you?
msg me: Tessellated: awarewater (at) gmail (dot) com