PCB etching notes in English
aus Metalab, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
Version vom 1. Februar 2009, 18:06 Uhr von Follower
(As an English-speaking, non-German-speaking visitor to Metalab I thought I'd add a few notes from my experience making a PCB using Metalab facilities. -- follower)
- You can use Google Translate to get an idea of what the German language PCB creation instructions say.
- You can probably find a number of English language UV etching guides online that you can use alongside the translated Metalab specific instructions. I used one from ladyada which was somewhat appropriate.
- I used Kicad to produce the Gerbers and then used  to create a 600 DPI PNG file. I'm not sure if more recent versions of Kicad produce usable print files or not.
- I used GIMP to lay-up multiple copies of the board to be etched in one file. On the CAD station it's in German language but the pretty icons help.
- The copper board I found was roughly 100mm x 160mm.
- There are white lab coats hanging on the back of the door to the "chemistry lab"--you will look particularly menacing when they are accessorised with black gloves.
(Hopefully more to be added.)