Master Control Puppet 9000
a.k.a. MetaCorpse, the ultimate hardware pr0n project
This epoque multimedia server is a reference to - above all - Ghost In The Shell; as well as Matrix, Chobits, Space Odyssey, Tron and Repo.
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.
What you'll need:
- a mannequin
- peruque of some sort
- tools (as in: drills, saws & files)
(after your fancy)
Micro ATX motherboard (ASRock G43Twins-FullHD LGA 775 Intel G43)- too wide!
- MiniITX motherboard (ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi LGA 775 socket; FSB 1333MHz; onboard graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9300, WiFi(b/g) & LAN, audio: 7.1, 12 USB ports, VGA & DVI)
- CPU (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core)
- 4GB RAM (Mushkin 4GB RAMKit 2 x 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel)
- power supply unit
- HDD (Western Digital, 1TB)
- DVD drive
- cooling unit (fan)
- a micro projector (like the Microvision PicoP dev kit)
- USB hub
- cables, cables, and cables again.
A little how-to
More pictures to be found HERE.
This article is a stub, I know - but will be updated soonish.