Recording raw material for a time lapse video of the Metalab Leiwandville at CCC camp 2011.
- Canon Powershot S95 with Canon Hack Development Kit which takes a picture about every 7 seconds.
- The pictures get stored on a 32GB flash card so I dont have to touch the setup during the camp
- Automotive Battery, a DC/DC converter and a self built battery adapter for the S95
- If I have time I might augment the video with some rendered objects using AR Toolkit
- Solar collector for charging the automotive battery provided by AA who kindly offered to borrow it to me for the time of the camp :)
Currently I'm just making sure I collect the pictures. The postprocessing step will be big and could potentially take some time. I promise to finish it before the next CCC camp though :)
What about privacy?
I’ll have OpenCV face detection run over the pictures and add a black bar over each recognized face before the time lapse video gets released.
Fake Battery Pack for PowerShot S95
- the dxf fole for laserengravig and lasercutting (I used 3mm acrylic) the fake battery pack: Datei:PowerShot S95 fake battery pack.dxf
- Pictures of what I was doing are here: