Journey to the End of the Night
Journey to the End of the Night is a free street game of epic proportion run by hard-working volunteers in cities around the world from London to Los Angeles. The game is a pursuit across the city in multiple parts. Players try to make it through a series of checkpoints as quickly and as stealthily as possible, while avoiding being caught by chasers. The first player to reach the endpoint without being tagged is the winner, though anyone who survives is deservedly praised and feted at the end. Those who fall become chasers themselves, rising to pursue their former friends and allies. Players may not use skates, bikes, or cars, only their feet and public transportation.-- official website
While the rules are a bit more complex, the game is an extended version of tag where the players will try to make it through a series of checkpoints while being chased by the organizers. If you get caught, you then become a chaser.-- laughingsquid
Brought to Vienna real soon nao by a yet-to-be-formed orga team.
August 07, 2009.
Time: probably around 7pm
- 2-3 Orgas
- Route: 10-15km
- 6-8 Checkpoints + 1-3 people to "man" them. should stand out.
- Communication Channels
PageEvent --> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=98341522383
- Myspace Group?
- twitter account
- german website?
- text for *.com (contact: sean via fin)
- Initial Chasers
- Prizes (?)
The game was designed to produce the following in the player: FEAR, LUST, PAIN, SPEED, ALIENATION, LONELINESS, HATE, DESIRE.
So try to select locations in unusual or overlooked areas, particularly magical areas, particularly warm and friendly areas, or particularly unsettling areas.
- low-population arears / residential zones
- industrial areas
- parks (keep in mind: opening hours!)
Short gmaps scouting results:
- Heiligenstädter Park - Augarten - Prater - Südbahnhof - Metalab ~ 16km
- Stiftswald - Türkenschanzpark - Hernals - Lab ~ 11km
- Feudenauer Hafen - Ernst-Happel Stadion - Praterstern - Augarten - Metalab (description/map pending)
- July 4., probably by bike
- http://sf0.org/journey/index.php?p=sf SF Site w/ route example & texts by participants
- http://totheendofthenight.com/oakland/rules/ rules for the oakland run
- http://www.chicag0.org/journey09over.html chicago run
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrabbit/3651373753/sizes/l/ picture: people gathering @ start of oakland run
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrabbit/3651838637/ example route: oakland run
- Contacted sf0 team about inclusion/announcement on *.com domain & tips :)
- Asked for permission to use painting & sfzero.org / fin