HSC2011/FAQ: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
K ((added category, fake subpages))
|Zeile 39:||Zeile 39:|
Version vom 2. Mai 2011, 19:14 Uhr
How reproducible is the final project?
- basic microcontroller knowledge is necessary, but we could offer a complete kit and preflashed MCUs if this is a demand
- there are different implementation methods to pic from, starting with a simple arduino shild to soldering a complete pcb and 3d printing a matching enclosure
How easily can the parts be sourced in locations around the world?
- all parts are available trough element-14
- we use only widely available parts, the only "exotic" thing in the design is the rfm12b module, but thats becoming available all over the world recently
- it is very well documentated and reproducable
How low cost is the final output?
- very low cost! we might even create a pool to have these devices produced on a larger scale if we get enough positive feedback and interest
How well are the plans documented?
- we have vidoes, pictures, detailed assemble instructions, and soon a dedicated website for this project where people can exchange their questions and answers online
How relevant is the project to the educational goals of schools today?
- our project will make education more fun and collaborative
- we implemented much more than just one solution to a specific problem but created a whole new concept of teacher-student interaction that will bring new ways of teaching to schools and will enable the community to create interactive learning applications on their own!
- there is a wide spectrum of possibilities what can be done with our system
How inventive and creative is the design and build of the project
- we used different modeling and manufacturing processes including a lasercutter and a 3d-printer, while these techniques are way cool they are not needed to create a working product to tinker with
- we used agile development and had many small groups each one dedicated to a special area of the project, we used various channels of communication in real life and on the interwebs to synchronize the tasks :)
- we came up with extraordinary solutions to some of the challenges in this project, including a virtual machine that runs on the ATMEGA platform, a highlevel language + compiler and a language implementation in python!