To get themself known they talked to the right people and these people had the right ideas.. and now there is a hackerspace challenge.
Many hackerspaces worldwide were contacted and asked to participaten and 30 hackerspaces have joined the challenge.
The hackerspaces got 6 weeks to design something that has a microcontroller and a portable powersource inside and can be used for education.
We will contribute to the project with our own device: the EduBuzzer. Progress, details, links and other things will be documented in various places on the Internet, foremost here in the wiki but also at the element14 community website
The documentation of the project is kept in this wiki:
- Project introduction for what the EduBuzzer is, what it can do, and what it consists of
- Building your own EduBuzzer -- all the details from getting the sources to assembling your devices
- Download instructions for those wo can't wait to read through the rest of the documentation
- The picture gallery contains moving and still images, from the first prototype to the latest hardware
- About the team
- FAQ of all the questions that might still remain unanswered
Some of the documentation is primarily relevant internally: