GIT Workshop 2014: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
|Zeile 91:||Zeile 91:|
= Various =
= Various =
Version vom 20. Mai 2014, 21:21 Uhr
|GIT Workshop 2014|
Hands-On GIT Workshop in two or more parts which will make your life easy and may save your ass.
- Commiting, Diffing, Reverting, Tags
- Branches, Merging and Conflicts
- Remotes, Github, Forking, Pull-Requests
- Working together within a repository and across repos
- Contributing to open source projects
- Workflows for teams and dev->testing->production environments
- Stashing, Sqashing, Rebasing, Submodules
More Topic Ideas
- Issue tracking
- Code reviews with Gerrit, integrating Jenkins CI
- Automatic code-style checks at
- Using blame accross merged branches
- < YOUR TOPIC IDEA >
It's a command-line oriented workshop where all hands will get dirty! We celebrate failure and are going to have fun.
Every skill level from is welcome! We'll start on Tue, 27.5.2014 (19:00) and see how and where we progress; primarily based on your interests, experiences and current projects/needs.
- You are somewhat familiar with the terminal/command line
- You have
git-coreinstalled (can run
gitin the command line)
- You added yourself to the participants (further down)
- You have an account at Github
- You tried task 1
A quick and easy task to get you started:
- Fork or clone the workshop repository and make a change (change literally anything). See also the Github Guides and Bootcamp
- Send me a pull-request or a patch, either on Github or to chris [at] linuxuser.at
+1 for your contribution to an open source project!
When / Where
- Part 1: Tue, 27.5.2014, 19:00, Hauptraum
- Part 2: tbd
Please add yourself to the list of participants.
- luto (+2)
# Possibly useful Git aliases for your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile alias g='git' alias gs='git status | more' alias ga='git add ' alias gb='git branch ' alias gc='git commit' alias gcnv="git commit --no-verify" alias gd='git diff' alias go='git checkout ' alias gl='git log' alias gh='git log --pretty=format:"%h %ad | %s%d [%an]" --graph --date=short'
Just a collection of links for the curious, not required reading :)
- Branching / Deployment models: Github Flow, Git-Flow
- Semantic Versioning: http://semver.org
- http://gitimmersion.com/ [guide]
- http://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/ [guide]