- 1 What is the Google Developer Group?
- 2 Next Event
- 3 Previous Events
- 4 Pipeline
What is the Google Developer Group?
|New GDG Vienna Logo|
|Previous GTUG Vienna Logo|
The Google Developer Group GDG Vienna (previously GTUG Vienna) is a group for people interested in using or developing with Google technologies. We meet in the evenings on last or next-to-last Tuesday of each month. Sometimes we have bigger events like hackathons and we're generally interested in finding new formats of events. We're not affiliated with Google, nor are we a Google fan club. Hacks and critisim are very welcome! We're constantly looking for local developers to speak on our meetups. If you work on the project that you think could be interesting to share with others, feel free to come over and talk about it!
June 27-29, 2012
If you can't attend Google I/O in person, this is a way to still connect with other talented developers and watch the keynote and other major sessions live. Part viewing party and part community building, Google I/O Extended is a free event focused on live-streaming parts of Google I/O.
As there will be two live streams (at least there were last year) we will have two rooms accordingly.
More information and registration on www.gdg-vienna.at/p/google-io-extended.html
May 22, 2012
- Closure library & tools by Wolfgang Sommerer
- Google Drive first impressions by Helmuth Breitenfellner
- GTUG Vienna announcement by Constantin Hofstetter
- Austria programmer salaries too low? http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3923106 by Joseph Mangan
April 24, 2012
- Starts at 19:00
- Hangouts API
March 27, 2012
- The go-start web framework by Erik Unger
- Blossom.io trip to US by Nik
February 21, 2012
January 24th, 2012
- Google Apps Script Hackathon
- Apps Script introduction by Nicolas Garnier, Google Developer Advocate.
- The winner - Gogles by Alex Steiner and Gabriel Grill.
November 29, 2011
October 29, 2011
- Google Chrome Hackathon
- The winner - Announcify by Tom Tasche and team.
- First prize was a Samsung Series 5 chromebook donated by GTUG organizers team.
October 25, 2011
- Building Chrome Extensions using GWT by TomTasche
- Report from Google Developer Day Prague by Fabian Topfstedt
- Programming the Web with Native Client by Joseph Mangan
September 27, 2011
- Android Open Accessory Kit Hands-On by Helmuth Breitenfellner
- Google+ API by Gerwin Sturm
- Secrets behind a Button: Youtube image stabilization algorithm by Harald Schilly
August 23, 2011
- Pushing Poetry using App Engine's Channel API (slides, demo, code) by Fabian Topfstedt
- Introduction to Apps Script by Sergii Kauk
July 26, 2011
- Android Renderscript by Helmuth Breitenfellner
- HTML5 Features by Constantin Hofstetter
- Hope for wrong and forgotten Bobs by Harald Schilly
May 10-11, 2011
- Google IO Extended: live streaming event from Google IO conference in Sektor5.
March 31, 2011
- GWT Framework + Example App: "Computer Assisted Lecture Scheduling" (by Harald Schilly)
- slides (from a previous talk), MongoDB + Morphia, MVP4G Framework, better than GWT's internal MVP stuff
- Code: https://bitbucket.org/schilly/gtug-vienna-gwt
February 12, 2011
- Google App Engine, its (Python) APIs and how we use it (e.g. on http://www.dctp.tv) (by Fabian Topfstedt)
- Discussions and future planning