aus Metalab Wiki, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
Zur Navigation springenZur Suche springen
Version vom 25. August 2017, 17:04 Uhr von Reox (Diskussion | Beiträge) (Die Seite wurde neu angelegt: „FreeCAD is a nice piece of software, but it is in development and there are many nasty bugs! Here are some hints for using FreeCAD with the CNC: * Use at lea…“)
FreeCAD is a nice piece of software, but it is in development and there are many nasty bugs!
Here are some hints for using FreeCAD with the CNC:
- Use at least version 0.17 (even if it is in development!). There are daily builds, use those!
- Go to Preferences --> General --> Units and choose "Metric Small Parts & CNC". It will use mm/min instead of mm/s which is a huge improvement
- Beware of bugs in the Path Module. There are tons of errors related to edge cases in trigonometry. So if you see something crazy, just change the numbers slightly helps sometimes.
- Check the forum: https://forum.freecadweb.org and also report bugs you find, if they are not already reported
- Before you mill something, test it extensivly in the LinuxCNC Simulator!!! The Path module might generate code which is not useable, as the module itself is not stable.
- The Path dressup tools are not in the normal toolbar. You have to go to Path --> Path Dressup in the menu bar!