aus Metalab, dem offenen Zentrum für meta-disziplinäre Magier und technisch-kreative Enthusiasten.
Chaos Communication Camp
Radio Communication over a distance of at least 2 Light Seconds using the Moon as reflector. Anyone interested in actually talking to him/herself? We can do that - you're welcome.
- Spaghetti Monster Follow-up
After the success with the airborne glowsticks project (instantly dubbed the Flying Spaghetti Monster on launch) at HAR2009, I'm eager to discuss and launch another larger project at the CCCamp. No ideas yet, but I'd like to see a combination of some of the following: airborne, lighting, blinking, huge, complexity through organization of _lots_ of simpler objects, interactive?. Needs brainstorming, funding (the HAR project was ca. 500 EUR I think), prototyping, design, building. Alpha-testing at Stadtflucht 2011 is prob. a good idea. (MariusKintel 14:22, 20. Aug. 2010 (CEST))
- I did http://bit.ly/GodSees which was flying and had the chance to blink if I wanted it. HElium was the main ingrdients. This is an expensive and depleting natural resource, so I would hesitate to use HE again, rather go for a loooong stick or a quadcopter --leobard 13:28, 30. Sep. 2010 (CEST)
- How expensive is it to build simple swarming quadcopters? Maybe out of PCBs. What about a near space mission, I'd be interested in trying looooong distance wlan shooting using a mesh node in near space --Mihi 16:13, 30. Sep. 2010 (CEST)
- A much more interesting question would be: How much research and development does it take to build simple swarming quadcopters ;) After that, battery capacity would in any case be a major issue. ..and of course atmospheric pressure eventually. I've seen some companies researching miniature copters, but they all keep their IP (and physical hardware) close to their chests. MariusKintel 18:39, 1. Okt. 2010 (CEST)
- Indeed, however there are the DIYdrones folks who seem to have some quadcopter autopilot stuff running. However we want to scale it down (IMO). Could we try to get auto piloting quadcopters first? Or quadcopters at all (I know there is one around in the lab). --Mihi 13:39, 2. Okt. 2010 (CEST)
- I've got a quadrocopter at the lab. Needs new batteries, plus it's not too easy to control, and not auto piloting. I believe Funkfeuer has one as well. check uavp.ch, who do open source control electronics, and microkopter.de who do proprietary "shared source" stuff. The "scale down" part and the positioning awareness needed for swarming is what would require significant amounts of R&D IMO. MariusKintel 15:18, 3. Okt. 2010 (CEST)
Build a dome as the main tent / bar for the Leiwandville 3.0 village.
My better half and I have an idea for a project involving selling food. This is not for profit, just for the artistic value, but it still needs to be sold to make the project work, plus people must want to buy it (will be fixed by it tasting good and being surprisingly cheap). To do this, we'd have to be allowed to sell limited amounts of food (at irregular hours) from our own food stand. The project also involves an amount of viral marketing on-site, but that should be doable to pull off. Task #1 is thus to check with CCC under what circumstances we can handle the food sales. (MariusKintel 21:00, 31. Aug. 2010 (CEST))
- if not sales - trade against objects the "consumers" have? could allow you to circumvent selling regulations ;-) --leobard 13:28, 30. Sep. 2010 (CEST)