Diskussion:Reprap: Unterschied zwischen den Versionen
(improve (wiki) everywhere)
K (hat „Diskussion:Reprap“ nach „Archiv talk:Reprap“ verschoben: Kein aktueller Inhalt, nur für archivarische Zwecke)
Version vom 19. Juli 2010, 23:21 Uhr
- an approximate introduction on how to make a printable model
- printable measures/angles/whatsoever and empirical values in general
- information on printing in general (how, how much, who, and so forth)
- and last but not least: Is there an interest in models from others?
--Gem 16:00, 21. Dez. 2008 (CET)
partial answer to that:
- we are using AoI ( http://www.artofillusion.org/ ) to generate STL files. at the reprap wiki they have some good tips for using aoi http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/AoI . In principle we should be able to print any STL files without holes that don't have too much overhang. even if it has overhangs you can still get good results if the overhang is like a bridge. the reprap software doesnt care which tool you create the stl in. Exporting an stl is possible in almost any 3d programm. Other things i've tried was wings3d and blender (both open source). I did not get far with blender, but wings3d is really usable for simple nonexact stuff.
- the most important thing to make it printable is that is has a flat base otherwise there is no way to atatch it firmly to the base plate.
- current setup: layer with 0.24mm. size of filament in X/Y plane about 0.5mm. Walls should be at least two layers (1mm). one layeresd walls are possible but fragile.
- Takes ages. Very rough estimate 10-20 min/cm^3. But depends on how big the surface is since the inner parts will be sparsly infilled (mostly hollow). but if the surface is big there there might be no inner part ant so it takes longer.
- If people have 3d models they want to print we help them if time permits. Keep in mind that we have to be near the reprap while it's printing since its not safe enough to leave it alone (we had enough accidents that could have burnt the lab if we had not been around) so don't look for large quantities or large objects.
Our real goal though is to help people who want to build a reprap themselves since this is the only way to increas our now very limited printing capabilities. --Wizard23 19:16, 23. Dez. 2008 (CET)
- Great! Thx for the detailed answer :) Putting that last statement of yours into the article might be a good way to motivate somebody to do so. Informations about contests of 2007 make it look like the project died, imho. -- Gem 21:09, 23. Dez. 2008 (CET)