A regular meetup of people interested in DevOps.
DevOps is kind of a new sysadmin buzzword for ways to close the gap between software development and operations; it's what happens when agile development spreads to the server room. We meet to discuss culture, processes, tools and trends that contribute to this field.
There is a mailing list for announcements and discussions.
DATE CHANGE: Tue., 2011-02-15, 19:00, Metalab Bibliothek
- Time management - basic ideas – japhy (based on the Time Management for System Administrators book)
- …enter your own proposition?
Presentation/topic propositions for future
If you have something to present, discuss, show, or ask around about, but don't want to commit to a date yet – here's the place to do it. If you want to hear about something specific, add it here too - maybe there's someone here who can tell about it.
- A comparative analysis of Linux HA Solutions by Bernhard Miklautz
- Tier1 hardware - what is it good for after all? (Comparing the workhorse products from HP, IBM and Dell) - Michael Renner
- Maciej Pasternacki AKA japhy <email@example.com>
- Michael Renner <firstname.lastname@example.org> - More info (blog et al) on my userpage
- Hannes Nagl <email@example.com>
- Stefan Schlesinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Oskar M. Grande <musha68kBRACKETAPEgmailPUNKTcom>
- David Gabriel <b2c AT dest-unreachable net>
- Automated installation & configuration
- Deployment and control
- Capistrano Remote multi-server automation tool (deployment)
- MCollective Framework to build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems
- Vertebra  Another job execution system, XMPP-based
- ControlTier cross-platform build and deployment automation framework (job automation / infrastructure orchestration)
- Continuous Integration & Testing
- Documenting infrastructure
- Interpreter "sandboxes"
- Mongrel2 introduction by Lukas Fittl
- Grml fly-by by Christian Hofstädtler (slides)
- - The web development platform comparison
- A 10 minute PostgreSQL crash course including Q&A for operations-relevant Stuff - Michael
- A hopefully short and functional live presentation of my company's infrastructure User:b2c
- Overview: puppet+dashboard, vmware, storage
- live server deployment
- automated tests
- Free talk, show&tell, …
2010-11-23 Bootstrap meeting
- WTF devops? (lightning talk, japhy)
- WTF this meetup? (discussion)
- Achieving Fully Automated Provisioning (whitepaper review and discussion, japhy, sauce: http://blog.controltier.com/2009/04/new-whitepaper-achieving-fully.html and http://dev2ops.org/blog/2009/11/2/6-months-in-fully-automated-provisioning-revisited.html)