A regular meetup of people interested in DevOps.
DevOps is kind of a new sysadmin buzzword for ways to close the gap between software development and operations; it's what happens when agile development spreads to the server room. We meet to discuss culture, processes, tools and trends that contribute to this field.
There is a mailing list for announcements and discussions.
Tue., 2011-01-11, 19:00, Metalab Bibliothek
- Mongrel2 introduction by Lukas Fittl
- Grml fly-by by Christian Hofstädtler
- .. your idea/topic/questions? ..
- Michael Renner
- Adrian Smith
- Stefan Schlesinger
- Hannes Nagl
- Lukas Fittl
- Christian Hofstaedtler
- Maciej Pasternacki AKA japhy <email@example.com>
- Michael Renner <firstname.lastname@example.org> - More info (blog et al) on my userpage
- Hannes Nagl <email@example.com>
- Stefan Schlesinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Oskar M. Grande <musha68kBRACKETAPEgmailPUNKTcom>
- David Gabriel <b2c AT dest-unreachable net>
- Automated installation & configuration
- Deployment and control
- Capistrano Remote multi-server automation tool (deployment)
- MCollective Framework to build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems
- Vertebra  Another job execution system, XMPP-based
- ControlTier cross-platform build and deployment automation framework (job automation / infrastructure orchestration)
- Continuous Integration & Testing
- Documenting infrastructure
- Interpreter "sandboxes"
- A 10 minute PostgreSQL crash course including Q&A for operations-relevant Stuff - Michael
- A hopefully short and functional live presentation of my company's infrastructure User:b2c
- Overview: puppet+dashboard, vmware, storage
- live server deployment
- automated tests
- Free talk, show&tell, …
2010-11-23 Bootstrap meeting
- WTF devops? (lightning talk, japhy)
- WTF this meetup? (discussion)
- Achieving Fully Automated Provisioning (whitepaper review and discussion, japhy, sauce: http://blog.controltier.com/2009/04/new-whitepaper-achieving-fully.html and http://dev2ops.org/blog/2009/11/2/6-months-in-fully-automated-provisioning-revisited.html)