Tasks are being worked on by the architex within this week and will be discussed via this page with the metalab. This accumulation is in progress, and will be presented as a list of problems with solutions to be discussed.
The entrance area has been worked on as demonstrated by Philip at the Charette; principally, the idea has been executed as a white opaque plexiglas ceiling that becomes a surface of colored light veins.
- Empty and full crates for ClubMates etc are proposed to be used as light filters
Agents Mint Cream and Azure propose that they can work in this area, fixing lights according to a certain system and design. They need one metalab'ler to discuss the ideas prior to their arrival. Estimated work time on site: a few hours.
Other suggestions to be discussed:
- Use of chalk (glow in the dark and others) on the walls to leave messages. This will lighten up the walls, make messages appear especially at night, etc., and works with the overall concept of the room.
- Lockers for personal belongings and jackets will be found over time and placed where appropriate. Agent Pink Panther is offering her expertise in space planning to help allocating a good space for lockers in future and/or present, as they should not clutter any space but be functional.
A possible task reagrding the coat hanging system is to install a coat rack in front of the door to the Kicker room (Arcade). This could serve the concept in two ways: 1. Walking "through coats" to enter the arcade will enhance the phonebooth effect 2. Also serve as a sound buffer.
- Where and when and how is the technical tract
- What about security: any thoughts? Interesting for us because it could become part of a space solution.
To install a functional ventilation is not a priority of our action, but as there are plenty of ideas, let's discuss this as part of the design.
The lounge is the official smoking room. Ventilation by opening the windows in not always practical. Proposal could be to install a proper ventilation tract from the lounge via the corridor through the happylab into the courtyard.
- chemical and photo lab
to be discussed
In all other areas, it seems sufficient to open windows.
- see WhateverLab/Umbau
- Floor decoration
- Furniture: workplaces/desks, storage/shelving, etc.
- primarily for main room
- controlled by DMX
Hallway describes the corridor that joins the entrance with the main area. Decoration or usage concepts for the long aisle between entrance and main room:
- Extension of a dynamic lighting system from the entrance area to visually "draw" a line to the main room
- Enhancing the effect of a transformation tunnel
- System for panels that could be used to create a second skin in the corridor:
Panels are produced for laser cutting and 3d milling in architectural models; architex can develop multifunctional double skin system that can be built upon by metalab over the next few months. Materials for these panels differ (styrofoam, MDF, wood, metal, etc.) and will be provided for free from other architex (wasteproduct, see above)
Who are the architex from Kentucky
12 interior design and architecture students from the College of Design at the University of Kentucky on a semester abroad program in Europe. "Base camp" is Berlin. http://cod.architex.tv/about/
These are links to pages on this wiki that help you to orient yourselves within the project terminology.
- Register yourself a wiki user, it will take only a minute or two.
- You can change your language and other preferences for your wiki user.
- Here you can see the last changes on the wiki in general
- click the tab "History" if you want to see who has done which changes on the wiki page you are looking at
- each wiki page is prepared to have a discussion page, click the tab "Discussion" if you want to read it or leave your notes that shouldn't clutter up the page you're looking at
- How to edit a wiki page Metalab uses MediaWiki, the software you know from Wikipedia
- Translating German <-> English leo.org - dict.cc - Babelfish
- About the Metalab - Photos
Legend Arcade ... amusement arcade, tabletop soccer WhateverLab ... electronics, robotics (formerly known as HappyLab) Machinery ... mechanical part of WhateverLab (bench vice, drilling, welding, lathe,...) Chem ... chemical and photo lab WC ... toilets Bar+Küche ... kitchen Medien ... media lab, (video and podcasting Lounge ... smoking room, retro gaming Haupraum ... main room Biblothek ... library