Tasks are being worked on by the architex within this week and will be discussed via this page with the metalab. This accumulation is in progress, and will be presented as a list of problems with solutions to be discussed.
The entrance area has been worked on as demonstrated by Philip at the Charette; principally, the idea has been executed as a white opaque plexiglas ceiling that becomes a surface of colored light veins.
- Empty and full crates for ClubMates etc are proposed to be used as light filters
- Lockers for personal belongings and jackets are proposed to be designed and constructed
To install a functional ventilation is not a priority of our action, but as there are plenty of ideas, let's discuss this as part of the design.
The lounge is the official smoking room. Ventilation by opening the windows in not always practical. Proposal could be to install a proper ventilation tract from the lounge via the corridor through the happylab into the courtyard.
- chemical and photo lab
to be discussed
In all other areas, it seems sufficient to open windows.
- see WhateverLab/Umbau
- Floor decoration
- Furniture: workplaces/desks, storage/shelving, etc.
- primarily for main room
- controlled by DMX
Hallway describes the corridor that joins the entrance with the main area. Decoration or usage concepts for the long aisle between entrance and main room:
- Extension of a dynamic lighting system from the entrance area to visually "draw" a line to the main room
- Enhancing the effect of a transformation tunnel
- System for panels that could be used to create a second skin in the corridor:
Panels are produced for laser cutting and 3d milling in architectural models; architex can develop multifunctional double skin system that can be built upon by metalab over the next few months. Materials for these panels differ (styrofoam, MDF, wood, metal, etc.) and will be provided for free from other architex (wasteproduct, see above)
Who are the architex from Kentucky
12 interior design and architecture students from the College of Design at the University of Kentucky on a semester abroad program in Europe. "Base camp" is Berlin. http://cod.architex.tv/about/
These are links to pages on this wiki that help you to orient yourselves within the project terminology.
- Register yourself a wiki user, it will take only a minute or two.
- You can change your language and other preferences for your wiki user.
- Here you can see the last changes on the wiki in general
- click the tab "History" if you want to see who has done which changes on the wiki page you are looking at
- each wiki page is prepared to have a discussion page, click the tab "Discussion" if you want to read it or leave your notes that shouldn't clutter up the page you're looking at
- How to edit a wiki page Metalab uses MediaWiki, the software you know from Wikipedia
- Translating German <-> English leo.org - dict.cc - Babelfish
- About the Metalab - Photos
Legend Arcade ... amusement arcade, tabletop soccer WhateverLab ... electronics, robotics (formerly known as HappyLab) Machinery ... mechanical part of WhateverLab (bench vice, drilling, welding, lathe,...) Chem ... chemical and photo lab WC ... toilets Bar+Küche ... kitchen Medien ... media lab, (video and podcasting Lounge ... smoking room, retro gaming Haupraum ... main room Biblothek ... library