Tasks are being worked on by the architex within this week and will be discussed via this page with the metalab. This accumulation is in progress, and will be presented as a list of problems with solutions to be discussed.
The entrance area is being worked on as demonstrated by Philip at the Charette; principally, the idea has been executed as a white opaque plexiglas ceiling that becomes a surface of colored light veins.
- Empty and full crates for ClubMates etc are proposed to be used as light filters
- Lockers for personal belongings and jackets are proposed to be designed and constructed
To install a functional ventilation is not a priority of our action, but as there are plenty of ideas, let's discuss this as part of the design.
The lounge is the official smoking room. Ventilation by opening the windows in not always practical. Proposal could be to install a proper ventilation tract from the lounge via the corridor through the happylab into the courtyard.
- chemical and photo lab
to be discussed
In all other areas, it seems sufficient to open windows.
- see WhateverLab/Umbau
- Floor decoration
- Furniture: workplaces/desks, storage/shelving, etc.
- primarily for main room
- controlled by DMX
- Decoration or usage concepts for the long aisle between entrance and main room
Who are the architex from Kentucky
12 interior design and architecture students from the College of Design at the University of Kentucky on a semester abroad program in Europe. "Base camp" is Berlin. http://cod.architex.tv/about/
These are links to pages on this wiki that help you to orient yourselves within the project terminology.
- Register yourself a wiki user.
- Here you can change your language and other preferences for your wiki user.
- Here you can see the last changes on the wiki in general
- How to edit a wiki page
- Translating German <-> English leo.org - dict.cc - Babelfish
- About the Metalab - Photos
Legend Arcade ... amusement arcade, tabletop soccer WhateverLab ... electronics, robotics (formerly known as HappyLab) Machinery ... mechanical part of WhateverLab (bench vice, drilling, welding, lathe,...) Chem ... chemical and photo lab WC ... toilets Bar+Küche ... kitchen Medien ... media lab, (video and podcasting Lounge ... smoking room, retro gaming Haupraum ... main room Biblothek ... library