Scala User Group
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /::\ / /::\ / /::\ / /:/ / /::\ /__/:/\:\ / /:/\:\ / /:/\:\ / /:/ / /:/\:\ _\_ \:\ \:\ / /:/ \:\ / /::\ \:\ / /:/ / /::\ \:\ /__/\ \:\ \:\ /__/:/ \ \:\ /__/:/\:\_\:\ /__/:/ /__/:/\:\_\:\ \ \:\ \:\_\/ \ \:\ \__\/ \__\/ \:\/:/ \ \:\ \__\/ \:\/:/ \ \:\_\:\ \ \:\ \__\::/ \ \:\ \__\::/ \ \:\/:/ \ \:\ / /:/ \ \:\ / /:/ \ \::/ \ \:\ /__/:/ \ \:\ /__/:/ \__\/ Scala \__\/ User \__\/ Group \__\/ :) \__\/
This is a wiki of Vienna Scala Users Group. Group of people interested in Scala Programming Language based or around Vienna. Group aim is to meet regularly in 4 week cycle and share knowledge and experience about Scala and language ecosystem.
We post meeting minutes and following meeting agendas here.
We post questions, problems, ideas and basically all the discussions to: Google-Groups
We post code to: GitHub
We are on Twitter as @ScalaVienna, we use hashtags #scalavienna or #vsug.
Partial results for next meeting poll are:
- 8 participants --> Thursday, November 29th
- 7 participants --> Tuesday, November 27th
- 7 participants --> Thursday, November 15th
So far it seems to happen at 29.11.2012
- Starting with ScalaTest and Selenium 2 (Rafael Cordones)
- Discussing latest exercises form Coursera Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Compile time programming with macros
- Logo proposals
- Next meetup dates (idea: fixed day in the month? 1st Monday, 3rd Wednesday, ...)
Summary of meeting (by Radim):
- discussion about Coursera's homework nr. 1
- sbt modules
- maven scala/java configuration
- zinc server
I must admit I was really surprised of various solutions of homeworks. You guys are smart!
We talked about future interests of group members.
- Most of us are interested in functional programming possible in Scala, more particularly about Monads, Streams etc.
- Usage of collection library is another interesting thing, especially converting between collection representations, e.g. immutable to mutable, serial to parallel, lazy to direct.
- Martin presented Lambdaheads group and requested Alex for presentation of Scala in next meeting of group.
- New features from version 2.10, especially: reflection, macros are another point of interest.
- Real-world examples and usage of frameworks build in Scala, will be presented during next meetings.
- This also applies to tools, like SBT, JRebel and IDEs.